Effective Date: October 21st, 2019
For Website Terms and Conditions, see Terms and Conditions
This website is maintained by ‘Mondago’. Mondago is made up of several different companies: Mondago Limited, Mondago Holdings Limited and Mondago Inc.
Mondago Limited (which is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration reference: ZA073957) is the data controller and is the Mondago entity which is responsible for your personal information.
Mondago Limited’s contact details are in the Contact Us section below.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Please read the following to learn more about what personal information we collect, what we do with that information, and how we may use that information.
Information we collect
Personal information, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you which we have grouped as follows:
- Identity Information – such as first name, surname, title and username.
- Contact Information – e-mail address, contact preferences and telephone number.
- Profile Information – which Mondago Products you use and information about Products which you have purchased from us or one of our distributors.
- License Information – This is limited to the information required for us to confirm you have the right to use a Product, such as username and company name and the date the license was last used.
- Financial Information – payment card details if you purchase a product or service from us.
- Device Information – Some Products automatically collect device information from internet connected devices which execute our Products. Some of this information (e.g. mobile phone number) is used exclusively by the Product itself and not shared with us, whereas other information (e.g. device / machine name, IP address, operating system version, Product version) is collected by us for the purposes of Product license control and Product support.
- Demographic Information – such as your occupation and where you use your computer and mobile devices to improve understanding of our customer needs.
- Tracking Information – about your visit from the browser or Mondago application on your computer or mobile device. This includes IP address, cookies, and the pages you request, to analyse trends, administer the site, track your navigation of the site, ensure the correct application of sales tax during an online transaction. and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use (note that IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information).
- Marketing and Communications Information – your preferences in receiving marketing from us.
We may also collect, use, store and transfer aggregate information from multiple users without personally identifying individuals such as the geographic region from which your accessing our web site or Products. Aggregate information may be derived from your personal information but is not considered personal information in law as this information does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
How we collect your personal information
We use different methods to collect personal information from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions such as where you provide us your Identity Information and Contact Information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal information you provide when you purchase our products or services or provide us with feedback.
- Through the use of our computing products. This includes personal data required to confirm your right to use the product.
- Automated technologies or interactions that automatically collect Tracking Information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal information by using cookies and other similar technologies. Please see further details in relation to cookies below.
- Third Parties such as third-party distributors who provide us Identity Information and Contact Information in respect of all end-users of our products or services.
How we use your personal information and lawful basis for use
We will only use your personal information when we have a lawful basis for doing so.
We have explained below each lawful basis for using your personal information but please contact us if you would like further details about the specific lawful basis we rely on to use your personal information:
Performance of a contract – we need some of your personal information, such as your Identity Information, Financial Information and Contact Information in order to perform contracts that you have entered into with us (for example to provide you with support services in relation to the software you have purchased).
To comply with a legal obligation – we use your Identity Information, Contact Information and Marketing and Communications Information to comply with various legal obligations including ensuring that you do not receive marketing communications from us in circumstances where you have advised us that you do not wish to receive those communications.
Necessary for our legitimate interests – we use your Identity Information, Contact Information, Profile Information, Demographic Information, Tracking Information, Marketing and Communications Information to for our legitimate interests such as keeping our records up to date, understanding how our customers use our Products, to develop our Products and to grow our business and inform our marketing strategy.
We may use all of the above information to decide what Products may be of interest to you. We will send marketing communications to you if you have requested information from us, if you have purchased products or services from us or if you have provided us with consent to do so.
We will stop sending marketing communications to you if you opt out by either contacting us at the details in the Contact Us section or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk or harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
If you fail to provide personal information
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at any time.
Information disclosure to third parties
- We have your explicit consent to share the information.
- We need to share your information to fulfil your product or service request.
- We wish to use third parties to contact you with information about our Products.
- We are required to provide such information by law, subpoena, or court order.
- We believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons or property.
The third parties we share your information with includes:
- Internal third parties being other companies in the Mondago Group acting as data processors who are based in the UK and USA.
- External third parties including service providers acting as data processors (such as website hosts, cloud services providers, CRM system providers) and professional advisers acting as data processors (such as lawyers, auditors and insurers who provide legal, insurance and accounting services).
- When necessary, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We share your personal information within the Mondago Group and potentially with third parties as detailed above. Because Mondago Inc is based in the United States of America, this involves transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Whenever we transfer your personal information out of the EEA, we will ensure the transfer is compliant with data protection laws and that your personal information is afforded a similar degree of protection that it has in Europe.
Mondago not only has responsibility for the processing of personal information it receives under the Privacy Shield but also any subsequent transfers of such data to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Mondago remains liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if such an agent processes personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless it can be proven that Mondago is not responsible for any event giving rise to damage.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Mondago commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Mondago using the details provided below in the Contact Us section. Mondago has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning data transferred from the EU. Further, please note that an individual has the possibility, under certain conditions, to invoke binding arbitration for complaints regarding Privacy Shield compliance not resolved by any of the other Privacy Shield mechanisms. Please refer to Annex I:Section C on the following link for additional information: https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction
Mondago is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Third party links
You can configure your browser to accept cookies, reject cookies, or notify you when a cookie is being used. However, if you configure your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use our products or services that require you to sign in or take advantage of all the features of our web site.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information and take reasonable precautions to protect it. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure and as a result we cannot warrant the security of information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your data transmission, we are committed to ensure its security on our systems:
- Your Mondago password is protected by encryption and only you have access to it.
- Your personal information and data stored in our systems is protected by various physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. It is housed in a secure facility and we restrict physical and network access to this facility to select trained staff. We regularly evaluate its technologies, facilities, procedures and potential risks to maintain the security and privacy of our users’ data. As a rule, our employees do not monitor or view your personal information or content stored in the our system, but it may be viewed if we learn that our Terms and Conditions may have been violated and confirmation is required.
- All of our services support the use of standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions. However, this is not a guarantee that such data transmissions cannot be accessed, altered, or deleted due to firewall or other security software failures.
If we learn of a security system breach we will notify you any applicable regulator where we are legally required to do so. We may provide information on protective steps through the e-mail address that you supplied during registration or posting a notice on our web site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing. To request written notice of any security breach in writing, please send an e-mail with your request and mailing address to the email or postal address in the Contact Us section below.
Changes and Updates
If we should ever sell our assets, merge with another entity, or file for bankruptcy, information collected from this web site remains our asset and may be transferred.
Your Legal Rights
Under EU data protection laws, you have rights in relation to your personal information including:
(i) Right to request access to your personal information
This is also known as a “data subject access request”. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
(ii) Right to request correction of the personal information that we hold about you
This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
(iii) Right to request erasure of your personal information
This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal information to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request for erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
(iv) Right to object to processing based on certain grounds
This enables you to object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
(v) Right to withdraw consent
This enables you to withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
(vi) Right to transfer data
This enables you to request the transfer of your personal information to you or to a third party. We will transfer the data in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format. This right applies only in respect of automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights please contact us using the details provided below.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Email: [email protected]
Postal address: Camrascan House
Minerva Business Park
Peterborough PE2 6QR